Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Some help please.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎06‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 04:22, Red Dwarfer said:

I have read a lot of people recommending low power for deep sky objects and that is the advice i`ve followed . But what about the smaller more elusive stuff like the M57 Ring Nebula , what magnification do you find brings out the detail of the outer ring ? 

I tried to find the M31 late one night last week but it was in predawn light so no luck on that front , though Venus wasn`t far behind it so I had a gander at that instead ...

Have a look at this screen cap from twitter a couple of days ago . It shows the M31 if it was much brighter and next to the Moon for scale ... 

capture-20170706-040100.jpg

That'd be amazing if you could see it like that, but think of all those faint fuzzy hunters complaining about the galaxy being too bright.

2 hours ago, Dave In Vermont said:

If the Earth had the rings that Saturn does?

These are pretty mind blowing , especially the first one with the ziggurat ...

If I was Q from Star Trek for the day , I would be tempted to make some changes along these lines .

9 hours ago, Red Dwarfer said:

It would be awesome to actually see it all with the naked eye ! 

And Saturn if it were as close as the Moon ... 

capture-20170707-223721.jpg

I've seen it naked eye a few times :)

and a wouldn't put saturn there, it'd have some pretty disastrous consequences - the earth would no longer be a planet, you'd never get it all in the eyepiece, and imagine the complaints during a "full saturn" :D

Archived