SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Strangers in the garden!

michaelmorris

I was just packing up after a quick bit of double star observing in the observatory. I could swear I heard voices but didn't think much of it.  Anyway, The voices started getting a little louder and I swear I could hear some one tapping on our back door.  Imagine my surprise when I went out of the observatory to see what was going on and found my next door neighbour and two bloke who have recently moved in just down the road all pointing torches at me!

It turns out the new neighbours had been sitting out in their garden having  some beers and had heard a 'filing sound' and saw the roof of my shed move - they thought someone might be trying to break in to my shed.  

Of course, what they actually heard/saw was me closing up the observatory roof and tightening the turnbuckles that hold the roof down.

They apologised for the misunderstanding and I thanked them for being such vigilant neighbours.

It made me smile.

4 hours ago, Moonshane said:

What a great neighbour. I think you owe him a beer :happy11: - you could then bestow the virtues of astronomy (and not turning lights on / shining torches when you are observing :hello:

Four bottles of Becks will soon be delivered to their door. :icon_biggrin:

Archived