Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Saturn Opposition 2017

orion25

The best video of Saturn I've shot so far. Shot just a few days after opposition (due to cloud) using the Orion Deep Space Video Camera II and the Orion SkyView Pro 180 Mak-Cass. original music soundtrack: "Syzygy" from the album, THE FALSE DAWN:

Enjoy!
Reggie:icescream:

Thanks, Steve. The low elevation makes it a challenge to get good views. Saturn gets about a max of 34 degrees above the horizon where I am. Looks best after midnight when it's highest and the sky has cooled down. Grab any views you can get!

7 hours ago, orion25 said:

Thanks, Steve. The low elevation makes it a challenge to get good views. Saturn gets about a max of 34 degrees above the horizon where I am. Looks best after midnight when it's highest and the sky has cooled down. Grab any views you can get!

This is all I have managed to get this year of Saturn. Just one night. :happy9:

Sat friday ok.png

4 hours ago, Grotemobile said:

This is all I have managed to get this year of Saturn. Just one night. :happy9:

Sat friday ok.png

I can see the effect of the low elevation, but not the worst I've seen. How does it look visually through the scope?

Archived