Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Astro tent supplier?

Tim

TJ, astro tent ? As opposed to a normal tent ? was there something in particular you were after ? There was a review in S@N a couple of months ago, but apart from one or two all the others were just regular tents from people like Gelert, but large enough for mounts etc in the canopies.

There are obsy tents available but some of those look to be a bit duff IMO.

Karlo

Thanks for the links guys, i'll check them out in a sec.

The tent is just for my kit to sleep in, I have a caravan for me :clouds2:

The kit in question is an EQ6, with C9.25 on, which stands about 6'6" with the legs extended. If I can find a shelter for it, I can keep all the wires etc in place, making for faster set up, and, if the skies are anything like they were in the spring at Kelling, you need to be up and ready to go at a moments notice, especially when you lack an up to date satellite pic for weather predicting. I remember waking up when the dogs started barking last time, and popped my head out to shut them up (1am) and it had cleared up a treat from being very cloudy. I seem to remember watching Jupiter rising at about 4am with Kevin and trying to wake up Rob (Hodgkinson), but it would have been easier to raise the titanic than Rob, as he was knackered from driving.

The guy in the motor van next to us had the tent with the removable roof, which meant he had only to plug in his lappy and he was ready to go, and that appeals to me.

I'll go check out the links :)

TJ

A cheaper alternative is a Handy Tent which you lift off and away from the kit :clouds2:

http://www.outdoorfocus.co.uk/awnings/Sunncamp_motorhome_awnings/utility/sunncamp_handy_tent_info.htm

I bought one for less than £70 quid. I have seen them used at Kelling with some wooden runners fitted between the feet to weigh the whole thing down and it lashed into place by the four guy ropes when the scope is covered.

Regards

Kevin

Hi TJ before you spend good money out on a obsy tent take a look at these i discovered them whilst visiting a local garden centre they come in different sizes and seem to be very similar and also a great deal cheaper http://www.atlantictrampolines.co.uk/tabid/63/Default.aspx I did post about these once before on the forum regards Pete ps that doesn't include the trampoline

Thats what we were looking at yesterday Kevin, visited a couple of tent shops and saw them.

I think that is the way to go, as the astro tents are horribly overpriced, although I understand their price is driven by market demand.

As for the tramp cover Pete, I'd be concerned about it blowing away, especially at Kelling Heath where I nearly lost my awning in the wind!

Thanks guys

TJ

Roger, I'll take another look at the showroom. There is one like the sunncamp for 50 quid, but it has a ground sheet, its detachable, but im not sure how easy it would be to unclip at night if the sky cleared. Thanks again Kevin.

TJ

Archived