Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Pixinsight Work Flows

Hello

I took the plunge and bought Pixinsight. Does anyone know of any guides on the internet and workflows to follow as there is so much going on in the software its a maze. Also for calibration and stacking to users of pixinsight use the batch processing for stacking or do you go the manual route in Pixinsight.

Ian

I'm still learning PixInsight but I've found the following two resources useful:

There's also the "Inside PixInsight" book some have recommended on here, although I've yet to read that so can't vouch for it.

So far I've mostly used the manual workflow. Not because I think one is better than the other, it's just how I learnt it.

20 minutes ago, Hicks said:

I'm still learning PixInsight but I've found the following two resources useful:

There's also the "Inside PixInsight" book some have recommended on here, although I've yet to read that so can't vouch for it.

So far I've mostly used the manual workflow. Not because I think one is better than the other, it's just how I learnt it.

Thanks for that Hicks, I have just looked at the light vortex tutorials and they are brilliant by the looks of it thank you

Recommend both the above sites. As it goes, my copy of "Inside Pixinsight" just came through the letterbox this morning :) It looks an interesting read, especially for the more obscure / 'difficult' processes and scripts.

I have just started getting my head around it just stuck on LRGB im stacking RGB and messing with it but its in black and white lol, im doomed, its obviously there tried unlinking in screen stretch and also I can see RGB in the top left corner so its def not mono, just cant seem to get any colour.

Light Vortex is great for learning the ropes. Once you start getting comfortable with the basic processes, then Inside PixInsight will be good for filling in the gaps.

That's a great first effort! You have some good star color. Not sure what you did for saturation. I do saturation on RGB before stretching and adding luminance, and also use a luminance mask so the background noise doesn't get saturated as well.

Keep working at it: if that's your first effort, you're off to a great start. 

Archived