widefield EP for 120ED

21 minutes ago, iPeace said:

Well, with my ED120 I loved a certain 31mm/82deg eyepiece which shall remain nameless as its identity may not be conducive to desired results

Must be my weird sense of humour, but the thought of an eyepiece going incognito sparked some kind of Monty Python style sketch of a someone buying an eyepiece but having to put it in a plain brown paper bag to take it out of the shop.

"New eyepiece sir? Nudge nudge wink wink.   Going to have a good time tonight sir, Know what I mean, know what I mean?"

Sorry folks, its the weather, not used to this heat.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, nightfisher said:

Treading carefully, with the "nameless" EP, i think at present the ES 68* 28mm is looking ideal

Just to be clear, I have since passed the "nameless" one on to another good home, I only mentioned it as a reference to a specification that worked very nicely for me with that scope.

:happy11:

10 minutes ago, Alfian said:

Must be my weird sense of humour, but the thought of an eyepiece going incognito sparked some kind of Monty Python style sketch of a someone buying an eyepiece but having to put it in a plain brown paper bag to take it out of the shop....

More likely having to put it in a plain (and cheap looking) wrapper to get it into the house without alerting the budget controller :rolleyes2:

28 minutes ago, Alfian said:

Sorry folks, its the weather, not used to this heat.

Off topic, but exactly how hot is it there in West Yorkshire?  I'm seeing 76 degrees F (24 C) according to the "interwebs".  That was our overnight low (with 98% humidity) here in Texas.  We got up to about 94 degrees F (34 C) yesterday.  Sweat dripping onto astro equipment is a real issue here in the summer.  I can't even manage summer solar observing because I overheat too quickly in the full sun.

18 minutes ago, Louis D said:

Off topic, but exactly how hot is it there in West Yorkshire?  I'm seeing 76 degrees F (24 C) according to the "interwebs".  That was our overnight low (with 98% humidity) here in Texas.  We got up to about 94 degrees F (34 C) yesterday.  Sweat dripping onto astro equipment is a real issue here in the summer.  I can't even manage summer solar observing because I overheat too quickly in the full sun.

Louis, tbh I'm not sure how it's been today, I'm guessing about 24 is but it's been windy this afternoon, a balmy warm wind which has made it quite pleasant. Yesterday it was probably the same temperature but no wind so it felt hot. That's plenty hot enough for me  but only warm by some people's standards. In truth it's been an absolutely beautiful day bustorms forecast for tomorrow.

Archived