NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

how do i use the cpc 1100 gps xlt?

Hello everyone

A few months ago I ordered the cpc 1100 gps xlt telescope, which has now come in and works great! But I have a few questions that I got into. Of course I will try to read a more information in the internet, but I will still be happy for your help... Thank you very much!

1) Why after a period of time that the telescope is moving after an object the object shift from the center of the eyepiece? Do you need to use the direction arrows on the remote to center it back and if yes, it is dont disturbing to the align? or just to do re-alignment? 

2) The telescope follows Jupiter. After a while I want to move on to another object, how do I do it? just go to the menu and choose different object from the list?

3) When I change eyepieces in the middle of the observation, the object move... i read from the manual that i can do re-alignment. this is correct? every time that i change the eyepiece (and when i change the eyepiece the magnification and the field of view are also change), i need to do re-alignment? because that is what i did today... because if i dont need to do  re-alignment how the object need to centered back into the center of the eyepiece?

4) how do i turn off the telescope in the middle of the observation or just when i finish to use it? just flip the switch off? that is what i did until now...

thank you everyone!!!!

When you change the eyepiece you need to adjust the focus point..no need to realign..just use the controller to recenter...

When switching off I go to utilities  and choose home position on goto on my Avx... might be different  on your cpc 

No mention of alignment in the post and that is a slight concern, say this as I see more and more assumptions they just put the scope on the ground and it does everything. Basically:: Have you set up all the data, where therefore are you, and have you performed the alignment for the goto?

It is Q3 that makes me ask as if the scope is on Jupiter then you have (I expect) selected a solar system object and told the scope to goto Jupiter. Q3 reads that you may have moved the scope to Jupiter and not used the goto, which kind of means no goto setup and alignment. Especially as Jupiter drifts.

The tracking accuracy depends on data and alignment, however in defence of the scope you will have a high magnification, so a narrow field of view so maintaing accurate tracking will not be easy for the scope.

If things drift off a little then yes recenter the targret but that is as far as the scope is concerned a movement from the target, the scope does not know that the target has drifted. Eventually these movements add up. There is likely a synchronisation or resynchronisation function somewhere in the manual. As the old saying goes: RTM.

Not sure what a realignment means, in the sense of a goto it has several options, one of which is to start all over again, and I doubt that this is something you want. At a guess it is a term used by the manual or yourself and refers to a synchronisation action.

If you turn the scope off in the middle of an observing session you have stopped using it. When you switch it on again you have to repeat the data entry and the goto alignment. Although the GPS should take care of a lot of the data.

If you have not set the scope up and done the goto alignment then I am not sure the scope will give a goto option. The scope will have determined that the goto alignment is not performed and could therefore not offer the option.

I had a CPC1100 for a couple of years as my main telescope and the most important things I found were these:

1. Make sure the tripod is absolutely level - there is a spirit level on the scope to help you do this. Any slight off level will affect accuracy of GOTO.
  2. Make sure you use high magnification to centre your alignment stars. A zoom eyepiece is good for this as you can zoom out to find the stars and then zoom in to get them absolutely central to the FOV.
  3. Make sure the data you are entering in the handset is accurate. The GPS sorts out location and time but you need to set the correct daylight saving setting for your location.

Newbie alert: thank you very much! but when i change the eyepice the object not in the new eyepiece. I dont even see it. Im told, that from the biggining i need to do alignment with the eyepiece that magnify, and then in the observation when i change the eyepiece from small field of view to wide field of view it ahould work!

Ronin thank you very much!: i never use the function GOTO. I always choose the object from the list in the botton of the remote control SOLAR SYSTEM. Then i have there all the planets in our solar system and from there i choose jupiter.

You say that when the object move a little bit in the middle of the observation i can just use the directions botton in the remote control to center the object back in the middle of the eyepiece. It is dont affect the tracking?

And i always used the sky align method. 

Those are my biggest problems. Im just hope that im not ruin anything...

Newbie alert: thank you very much! but when i change the eyepice the object not in the new eyepiece. I dont even see it. Im told, that from the biggining i need to do alignment with the eyepiece that magnify, and then in the observation when i change the eyepiece from small field of view to wide field of view it ahould work!

If it's not in the fov then look throu the the finder to see how far out you are..the finder and scope should be looking in the same direction..

If you jump from say a 40mm down to a 7mm the the change will be quite drastic..gradually step down in the mm to step up the magnication

Not sure on what sky align is..star alignment I can understand as goto..polar align is aligning on the ncp assuming you are north of the equator..Doesnt the cpc have a auto align where it aligns it's self to the passing satellites? Or am I thinking of something else?

Another thing is to check that you are on sidereal rate..check in utilities again I think..

With the drift,once you recenter on something it with track from that moment on..if I was to use a 25mm on Jupiter it will keep it in the ep all night..if I use say a 7mm it will drift as it's a narrower fov..

Archived