NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

DFK Problems - continue

Hi,

i did what i have been told, but it saids "wizard couldn't find any supporting devices"

and just gives me the cancel option only.

What else do i need to do, am i missing something ??

It saids that i need directx 9c on the imaging source website.

do i have to buy it ? is it a freeware download ? is this the supported software i need ?

JJ

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes, i've tried that....get the same answer back. i thought it wasn't reading the camera, but if i take out the usb lead it beeps....so its registering that there is something connected...i just don't know why it won't let meinstall the driver.....must be duff ???

James, there may only be one of your USB outlets that is USB2, although I don't know for sure.

You may need to try them one at a time to find out.

In the Meantme, I have attached A pictorial representation of the Install procedure for the camera.

I hope it can help you.

Ron.

8029_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

James, A quick thought, my camera works on XP, but I still can't get it to work with Vista, what operating system are you using when having the problems, and was the successful attempt on an XP laptop. They claim to have solved the Vista issue with the service packs (for IC software) but I still can't get to run. Thought this may be a possible reason.

I haven't taken any further as it works on another laptop and desktop no problem with XP.

Steve..

James, Before you send the guy the camera back, could you check and see what Service Pack is installed on your machine. If you don't have Service Pack 2 Installed, then I don't think the Camera will look at your laptop.

You need to have a Genuine Windows XP OS Installed, and properly licensed.

You can check the Service pack on your Laptop by going into Device Manager again.

Right Click My Computer Icon, then left click on Properties. The Sevice Pack installed will be shown a third of the way down. If it shows Service Pack 1, I don't think it will work.

Ron.

Archived