NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

DFK Problems - continue

Hi James,

The important information missing is the model and manufacturer of your laptop.

All it saids is "wizard can't find the supporting software" ... and then gives me no option to continue.

I guess, I must exchange "software" against "hardware" and you are speaking about the driver installation.

I also guess, you definitely selected the USB camera driver, not the FireWire driver. (Just to make this sure.)

As already mentioned in the previous posts, I suspect your computer having only USB 1.0 or USB 1.1, but at least no USB 2.0 HighSpeed connectors. In this case, the camera will not be detected by the computer.

I also think, the camera is not listed in the Device Manager in the "Imaging Devices" section. Even if no driver is installed, the Device Manager can detect the camera and list it, if all is working fine.

The solution was also shown in the mentioned above: Using a PCMCIA USB 2.0 High Speed board can fix the problem.

May be following could happen on your computer too: If the camera is connected to the computer, it is detected by Windows and a tooltip is shown near the clock in the taskbar. The camera is shown as "Unknown Device" and then disappears. In this case the USB port does not provide enough power. A PCMCIA USB 2.0 High Speed board with external power supply can fix this issue.

Best regards

Stefan

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, the laptop does detect the camera (comes up at the toolbar at the botton as new hardware found). It also lists it on the device manager, but it has a yellow question mark next to it.

When I take the camera out of the laptop, the laptop makes 2 beeps, so Im guessing it does know its there....

So do you think that there is still not enough power ? I don't want to get a board and find I still have the same problem. And yes, im clicking on the USB Driver optionsmile.gif

It just keeps saying "wizard can't find supporting devices" and then tells me to plug them in (but only gives me a "cancel" option).

Thanks for your help, but really need to get to the bottom of this.

James

James, when you get the message, "No supporting devices can be found" I am now thinking Video Codecs. You may not have a suitable codec for video.

Have you been able to use a webcam on your machine, or can you play an AVI file via Windows Media Player?

Have you been able to watch a Youtube vid. on the laptop.?

Ron.

The codecs for the camera are installed when the software installs. You don't need any additional codecs.

If you open the yellow-question marked USB item in Device Manager, are you able to "Update Driver" and install this way?

If not, delete the yellow-question marked USB item and then plug the camera in again.

I think Stefan is on the right lines, as mine is a USB2 machine and it works fine...

STEFHAN, RON, TREVOR .... Everyone who posted on this....THANKYOU !!!

Stefhan's zip instruction file worked a treat ... and my camera is up and running....so so appreciate all your helps on this guys...

now I have one more favour.....give me a clear night !!!! LOL....

Just for the background: Windows seems sometimes to create a different Hardware ID for the camera, than the one, that is expected in the drvInstaller.exe. Thus the camera is not detected. In this case, the driver can be installed manually through the Device Manager. The inf file of the driver is located on the CD ROM in the directory "driver\tis_uvc_1.0.0.16_tis\data\drivers\".

The manual installation instruction can be downloaded here:

http://www.theimagingsourceforums.com/showthread.php?t=321150

Best regards

Stefan

Just for the background: Windows seems sometimes to create a different Hardware ID for the camera, than the one, that is expected in the drvInstaller.exe. Thus the camera is not detected. In this case, the driver can be installed manually through the Device Manager. The inf file of the driver is located on the CD ROM in the directory "driver\tis_uvc_1.0.0.16_tis\data\drivers\".

The manual installation instruction can be downloaded here:

http://www.theimagingsourceforums.com/showthread.php?t=321150

Best regards

Stefan

James must be so pleased to get this problem solved, and I'm sure he is very grateful to you Stefan. I Cheers.

Ron.

Archived