Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Vamo, probably the most portable of portable mounts?

Cjg

Just put a deposit down for what I hope will be the final piece of a lighter weight travel mount than my Vixen Porta Head.

It's not cheap, but think perfect for my Tak and Manfrotto Tripod.

Not planning on using it until perhaps September, and the manufacturer, Beat is letting me pay for it in three instalments, which eases slightly the pain of the cost.

Can be found at http://www.aokswiss.ch/ayo/vamo_traveler/main_vamo_traveler.html

First light and review to follow, in the Autumn.

Chris

IMG_1470.PNG

Agreed, am expecting it to be as well made as the other gear that he makes, had hoped that FLO would have stocked this, but I understand he only makes small batches, and am happy to pay for this in three installments....what with Summer coming and all the clouds, I can wait.

Chris

Thanks, will make my hold luggage a lot lighter for the next trip abroad.  Expecting first light in September at AstroCamp, all being well.

Chris

• 1 month later...

"Thank you for your new payment. I will prepare the shipment soon and send to you the mount."

Incoming, Beat at AYO Swiss has been a pleasure to deal with. Am looking forward to seeing how much lighter my kit will be with this.

Chris

What scope are you gonna put on it? I've been thinking of this mount for my Tak FC100DF, but am a bit worried if it will be stable enough, perhaps AYO II would be better for high-power work...

I hear you! Have a Vixen Porta Mount, but the build quality was less than great. I've flown twice to the Astro Farm in France with Ryan Air. The scope in its backpack in the overhead cabin and the Porta Mount head with a Manfrotto tripod in the hold. The head and tripod adaptor weigh a lot, so am expecting to be much lighter with the Vamos. 

Archived