Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My first Jupiter animation

cuivenion

Taken between 12:04am and 1:49AM this morning. Equipment used was a Skywatcher 200p on an AstroEQ Vixen GP. Images were taken with an Atair GPCAM V1 using Sharpcap. Seeing wasn't very good unfortunately, Jupiter was very wobbly. I wasn't going to waste a clear night though.

01_pipp.gif.69df5f2d6b36186f3443eb5d39b0fe70.gif

The moon bumbling across the image is Callisto. The attached avi is much better quality than the GIF.

01_pipp.avi

The AVI is great.....   well done....   I'm hoping to have a go at this when the neighbour cuts 'the tree'  down....  

What was your timing intervals.....   2000 frames....  wait 5 mins..... then another  or did you just keep doing sequential AVI's  ??   How many frames were individually created for the AVI ?

Cheers,

Sean

3 minutes ago, Craney said:

The AVI is great.....   well done....   I'm hoping to have a go at this when the neighbour cuts 'the tree'  down....  

What was your timing intervals.....   2000 frames....  wait 5 mins..... then another  or did you just keep doing sequential AVI's  ??   How many frames were individually created for the AVI ?

Cheers,

Sean

Hi Sean, I took 2 minute avi's at 5 minute intervals. There are 16 individual frames in the animation.

Archived