New Filters Arrive

iPeace

17 minutes ago, John said:

I love the view of the Veil with my 4" Vixen refractor with my 31mm Nagler and the Lumicon O-III filter. It's one of my favourite astro observing sights of all :grin:

With my 12" dob I can examine each segment of the Veil in detail breaking down the individual elements. Almost "photographic" views with that combination :grin:

I found that a humble ST80 refractor showed it reasonably clearly using the Baader UHC-S filter. The Lumicon O-III is a lot more potent than that :smiley:

Does anybody stock the Lumicon O-111 in the UK had a browse around but couldn't find one.

The last two things I purchased from the USA have been a customs fiasco.

Dave

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/1/2017 at 04:12, Davey-T said:

Does anybody stock the Lumicon O-111 in the UK had a browse around but couldn't find one.

Dave

Weird about UK customs.  I've bought lots of astro stuff from the UK taking advantage of the current price advantage, and as long as it's under $200 $800 equivalent, there's no US customs or anything.  You'd think it would be reciprocal.

53 minutes ago, Louis D said:

Weird about UK customs.  I've bought lots of astro stuff from the UK taking advantage of the current price advantage, and as long as it's under $200 equivalent, there's no US customs or anything.  You'd think it would be reciprocal.

No chance Louis, it took me nearly 5 weeks to get my Quark released and it had only been back to the USA for repairs.

Dave

6 hours ago, Davey-T said:

Will contact them when we reopen tomorrow, hopefully they will like the idea of a UK retailer stocking Lumicon :smiley: 

Steve 

• 1 month later...
On 2017-5-1 at 17:04, FLO said:

Will contact them when we reopen tomorrow, hopefully they will like the idea of a UK retailer stocking Lumicon :smiley: 

Steve 

Any news on this Steve ?

Dave

Archived