SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Best time and month for viewing

being quite far south, in India, any time is good, plenty to see all year round. Us folk here in the north of England are coming towards the end of the dark night season, we'll be down to a couple of hours Astro darkness in the next couple of weeks.

those even further north have it even worse.

4 hours ago, rockystar said:

those even further north have it even worse

Yes. This weekend will be the last with astronomical darkness for us at +59.4N. Next time the sun will be 18 degrees or more below the horizon at midnight will be in August ?

I think I know what you are after - I wanted to find out when I could see things like the planets.  After a long search for what I wanted I found this:  https://www.timeanddate.com/astronomy/night/

If you set it to your location and then click on the various planets you can do all sorts of 'useful' stuff with the data.  I still haven't found everything it can do, but you can select lines on the various time graphs, drag and drop stuff etc. but I find it a really useful site.

Archived