Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Please help me to understand how to make a Master Bias Frame

Hi ....

I am very new to Astro Imaging so please forgive my lack of knowledge!

I need to bit of help to get past what I suspect is a very easy thing to do ..... once I know how to do it!!! At the moment I have hit a brick wall !!!

I have wasted several days now trying to understand how to make a "Master" Bias Frame from my single Bias Frames that I have produced and saved.

I have produced bias frames using MaximDl and also  BackyardEOS (approx 50 shots in each set) and saved them in separate folders .... However when I try to make a "Master Bias" from these files I keep getting error messages whatever software I am using !!!!

I have tried getting Deep Sky Stacker and also MaximDL to make  Master Bias files .... but getting nowhere :hmh: These are the only two programs that I have at the minute which allegedly "should" do the job I need..

Can anybody give me a few clues where I am going wrong here .... or better still .. a simple step by step guide on how to do this using one of the two s/w programs that I have got?

Mike

When using deep sky stacker,

load your light frames, then load all your other frames, ie: darks, bias etc, 

then click Check all

then click register checked pictures

i don't think you can just do the bias on there own, or at least i have not,(but i do stand to be corrected on that if need be)

Further to my first plea for help ... I have only been trying to get my "Bias" frame methods working before I even start to think about producing Dark and Flat frames as Bias frames seemd to be the easiest option.

If I can't get past my "bias frame problem" I am worried that I will be continuing to waste my time!

Mike

Problem solved !!!

I found the icon on MaximDL's  "Set Calibration" window ... one click and it produces the Master Bias file :hello2:

I am sure it was greyed out before ... or I am going blind !!! .... or thick as a plank ?

Mike

As for DSS i usually load all the bias frames, and a single light frame, then stack that single light frame and at the same time select the recommended BIAS stacking method.

Once done, there will be saved a master bias file in the bias folder which can now be used instead.

Archived