Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M106 3.2h of my DSLR + 1 min from a very big scope

gorann

I am slowly realizing that imaging is over for the season up here. When the moon finally goes a way it will be dark for maybe two hours and soon not at all. So, playing with old data.

This is 3.2 h of data I managed to collect in March (ES 5" Apo + Canon 60Da) to which I have added 6 x 10 sec of clear filter data from the Liverpool Telescope on the core of M106 (used as luminosity). Even if the Liverpool Telescope only contributed 0.5 % of the data (1 min out of 3.2 h), it did do a good job on the core. But then it is a 2 m RC scope on the Canary Islands. Here is their site for anyone wanting to have a go at their data:

http://telescope.livjm.ac.uk/cgi-bin/lt_search

IMG 2793-827+2706-11 M106PS5+LT&POSS PS1cropSign.jpg

• gorann changed the title to M106 3.2h of my DSLR + 1 min from a very big scope
1 hour ago, PatrickGilliland said:

Nice Goran - maybe less colour (not often I say that) detail is good so less may be more here :) 

Thanks Paddy, and you are right, I may have been a bit to promiscuous with the colours (possibly inspired by all the spring flowers around). Here is a quick fix using saturation in PS.

IMG 2793-827+2706-11 M106PS5+LT&POSS PS2sign.jpg

Archived