Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Finderguider Attachment

Hi,

I've just added a dovetail bar to the top of my Skywatcher ED80 and have converted the 9 X 50 finderscope to a Finderguider using a mono GPcam.

Currently the Finderguider is attached to finder shoe on the ED80 focuser but I want to position it on the top dovetail bar.

I've read that I need to attach the Finderguider solidly to the dovetail bar to stop any flexure and it is best not to use the Guidescope rings, can anyone offer advice on how to do this and also advise if the guidescope rings are in fact ok to use.

Thanks

Doug

5 hours ago, wornish said:

I am doing the exact same thing.   I think that as long as the guide scope rings are tight you will be OK for guiding.

Thanks for the reply,  I'll take a look at the guidescope rings to see what will fit the 9 X 50 finderscope body.

Doug

I just fixed mine to a dovetail bar.   I had the finderscope base drilled beneath it and secured with a butterfly knob or something like that.  I did it so i could place the camera and the finderscope on the same dovetail for guiding purposes.  It holds very steady and was really cheap to do it,  less than a dollar. 

Here is a picture of it: 

IMG_20170401_120256.thumb.jpg.2773382f0687fdc155c69b56703be0a6.jpg

IMG_20170401_172320549.thumb.jpg.ec95b36462283a29c7e8098a99d6e078.jpg

Archived