Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

bye bye Jupiter

russ

Hi all,

Popped out last night to hopefully give the Starmax a shake down. But the skies were pretty bad. Did get a glimpse of Jupiter around 11pm but it wasn't good. By night fall it's getting pretty low. Which means it's stuck in the turbulent atmosphere.

I wonder if its just about time to give up on Jupiter until it's winter return.

Russ

To be honest Russ your probably right. There is very little point in wasting time on an object that you know is going o be Rubbish. All it does is put you in a bad mood - or at least it does me!!!

You'll just have top wait for Mars - currently rising at 1am - won't be long now. Or theres Uranus which rises at 00.23am or neptune which risesat 23.30pm (although these are both fairly low in the sku -8 & -15 respectively).

I haven't even looked at Jupiter once this time round!

Hi Russ, Lb

Jupiter at 11.00 go's behind a telegrapth Pole then into some tree's from there into the Irish Sea!Splash..............

I viewed Jupiter about 3 week's ago and it was like looking at the sea,seeing was really bad as jupiter is so low now..

James :)

Yep!. I agree chaps.

Never mind, as mentioned by LB a number of targets are working their why around. Anyway its time for those hot t-shirt only viewing nights when you can enjoy globular's... and one of my fave summer targets - M57!!.

Rob

Archived