Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

full moon DSOs

Hi everyone. Just 2 days to full moon, so very clear skies of course. Bright enough to read a newspaper at midnight, I had to abandon any hope of grabbing a galaxy and had a go at these instead. Despite a nasty north to south moon glow gradient on the light frames, it worked OK. Including drift aligning, it took under an hour for both. I now wish I'd have gone for more exposures. Moral: you don't need a filter costing more than the rest of your kit put together -sic- to get dsos at full moon:) Criticism and comments as always most gratefully received. Thanks for looking and clear skies.

m50.thumb.jpg.b383e6eb524ce46da6680203e8ba027f.jpg  m41.thumb.jpg.c27002fb5e282febd8e91ccfbcde2c5e.jpg

5 hours ago, alacant said:

Hi everyone. Just 2 days to full moon, so very clear skies of course. Bright enough to read a newspaper at midnight, I had to abandon any hope of grabbing a galaxy and had a go at these instead. Despite a nasty north to south moon glow gradient on the light frames, it worked OK. Including drift aligning, it took under an hour for both. I now wish I'd have gone for more exposures. Moral: you don't need a filter costing more than the rest of your kit put together -sic- to get dsos at full moon:) Criticism and comments as always most gratefully received. Thanks for looking and clear skies.

m50.thumb.jpg.b383e6eb524ce46da6680203e8ba027f.jpg  m41.thumb.jpg.c27002fb5e282febd8e91ccfbcde2c5e.jpg

Looks very good.

How did you get rid of the gradients? 

9 hours ago, Stub Mandrel said:

named your cluster(s)

Sorry, m50 and m41.

7 hours ago, Atreta said:

rid of the gradients? 

StarTools wipe with a big hammer at around 90%.

9 hours ago, Stub Mandrel said:

I went for M42 the other night

You may be OK -even tonight- as the moon has distanced itself from Orion and as it's Sunday, no one should be taking delivery of new gear.

Archived