Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Just bought a 2 inch diagonal for the first time!

festoon

Happily just arrived in the post is a 2" diagonal from Revalation astro! My word I never realised how heavy one of these things would be!

Combined with a 2" eyepiece (when I decide to own one) I guess I'm going to need to think about how to balance my scope right at the end of its dovetail! :)

Mount a longer dovetail.  Mine actually extends past the focuser of my AT72ED to achieve balance with 3+ pounds of eyepiece and diagonal, so I rotate the focuser to let it clear the dovetail.  I keep the focuser knobs on top in storage, opposite the dovetail.

7 minutes ago, cloudsweeper said:

Widefield 2" EPs are great.  And to keep things smooth, you can get twist-fit adapters for your 1.25 inch EPs to slot them in easily.

Doug.

With some barrel extensions you can have an "all 2 inch" hyper-wide set :icon_biggrin:

eps01101601.JPG

38 minutes ago, John said:

With some barrel extensions you can have an "all 2 inch" hyper-wide set :icon_biggrin:

eps01101601.JPG

My goodness....That is an amazing (and envy inducing) eyepiece case!  My only Ethos is the 21mm.  Amazing EP and have used some others.  All fab.

There are some amazing eyepiece sets here...works of art!

I am hoping to pick up a SW aero 40mm 2 inch as some of threads here speak well of this in combination with a C8. If I've understood correctly give the widest FOV before vignettiing occurrs.

Also should give wide angle bright views in my ed80!

Archived