NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First Image with Canon 600D

Sierra Golf Mike

6 hours ago, johnfosteruk said:

Definitely more detail in the 2nd and 3rd, did you do wavelets adjustment in Registax?

Yes I tried playing about with wavelets to get it to that stage. Does Registax have an option to save higher quality images, this one was only 106kb after adjusting levels in Photoshop?

Mike, stick with the Skymax 102, i have only had one play with mine and very pleased with outcome, in registax save file as PNG and run files through pipp first using crop to get image size up

1 hour ago, nightfisher said:

Mike, stick with the Skymax 102, i have only had one play with mine and very pleased with outcome, in registax save file as PNG and run files through pipp first using crop to get image size up

Jules,

I've had the scope for a while and really like it, just not done any imaging with it. I did take a video with the Canon 600D, converted it to AVI using PIPP then stacked it in Registax tried Wavelets which improved it but I don't really know what I'm doing with them! tried a bit of Photoshop, again not sure what I'm doing but the outcome is the third image. It doesn't look to bad but it is a very small file - 106kB I think. I have a few RAW files, thought I might try stacking them in after cropping in PIPP, last night was my first go with PIPP so again very unsure what to do and how to align!

15 minutes ago, Sierra Golf Mike said:

Jules,

I've had the scope for a while and really like it, just not done any imaging with it. I did take a video with the Canon 600D, converted it to AVI using PIPP then stacked it in Registax tried Wavelets which improved it but I don't really know what I'm doing with them! tried a bit of Photoshop, again not sure what I'm doing but the outcome is the third image. It doesn't look to bad but it is a very small file - 106kB I think. I have a few RAW files, thought I might try stacking them in after cropping in PIPP, last night was my first go with PIPP so again very unsure what to do and how to align!

Have you got motor drive on your mount for the 102, if so shoot still frames, take about 20 plus, frames with tracking then stack them

17 minutes ago, nightfisher said:

Have you got motor drive on your mount for the 102, if so shoot still frames, take about 20 plus, frames with tracking then stack them

The Mak is on an Alt/Az manual mount so no tracking I'm afraid.

Archived