NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Tiny Mars

Stub Mandrel

I found a version of Mars  I took with my Bridge camera on 6 June 16 at about 22:30, each sub doesn't look much but I stacked lots of them. I am sorting through old pictures (to avoid cloud fever) and wondered if the pattern is real or not. Here's the stacked image (bear in mind this is from jpegs out of a bridge camera with built in zoom, albeit 1000mm equivalent) and Stellariums pic of mars for the same date and time.

What do you think?

Mars 6 June Bridge.jpg

Mars Stellarium.jpg

8 hours ago, orion25 said:

Could you post the full-size?

Here's a single sub (the image above was dithered in AS2!)...

MARS (1).JPG

Saturn from the same night, even more subs (50)

Saturn 6 June.jpg

<Edit> Interesting some of the single Mars subs look more like the stellarium pic!

It's how I got into this lark - I got some recognisable images of Saturn in 2014/5, but I went back to the planets last year to see if I had learned anything! there were a few things I could change like turning anti-vibration off, getting exposure right and mostly getting the focus right (it has optional manual focus and exposure/aperture). I suppose teh mnarks on Mars are similar in size to saturn's rings, just not as sharp edges so I shouldn't be surprised it came out, but I am!

Archived