Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Red Dot Finder mountings

Morning all!

I'm just about getting clued up with my 'scope but my finder is a bit useless really! it's a v. old setup (brought by my Grandad when MY Dad was a boy!), and the finder doesn't stay in line with my main scope easily, and it's pretty much impossible to focus. So, I've been advised by a few Forumites to get a red-dot finder like the Telrad type systems, but I was wondering how it would attach to my scope. Does it stick on? does it need me to drill my scope? I couldn't quite figure out for sure what I'd need from the website, so I'm hoping you kind people'll be able to give me a hand!

Thanks in advance!

Phil

I've tried to get some photos up, but the camera's bein a pain! I'll probably go with the Blue Peter method, being a musician I pray to the god that is Gaffer Tape (it really does fix ANYTHING!) so I'll probably use that!

Once the Telrad's stuck to my scope, is it easy to zero in, or will I need to be accurate with my sticking to start with?

*edit* I've found something on ebay...item# 310075243021. Does this look to be suitable?

You could try Velcro Tape. This can be easily applied to the scope and your Red Dot finder. Once in place it can then be put on and easily taken off again should you wish to do so. I use Velcro Tape for all sorts of applications, for holding things secure and it works well and lasts almost indefinately.

Geoff

Archived