Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

3D print a clip filter holder

Stub Mandrel

I think the fine thread of the filter would prove unprintable, unless you have a very accurate printer, and able to slice\print at 0.01 mm.

The only other way I can think of, would be to print a slightly undersize hole & tap the required thread, but that would require a high quality print with good material.

I could make a threaded insert, but I was thinking of either gluing the filter in place or even removing it from the frame (actually I've noticed that Baader do 36mm unmounted filters which would be better suited for this idea, so the question really is - any tips on 3D printing a clip filter?)

I've made filter holders in ABS.  This material is soft enough to self thread if you make the hole the right size.  Works well.  A clip holder can be made using the springiness property of ABS.  I have made ABS springs.  PLA won't work - too rigid.

Archived