Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NexStar+ Hand Controller

oconnellto

Hi. I'm looking for some advice.  The NexStar+ hand controller on my Advanced VX mount just died.  The light comes on for a second on the screen but then fades away.  I am using  an AC adapter to power the mount.  The adapter is working.  The small red light on the AVX stays on as usual.  The problem seems confined to the HC.  I am awaiting a reply from Celestron. There was no hints leading in to this that there was anything wrong.  Do you think that it is repairable or do you think a replacement is called for?  also, am I correct in thinking that the problem is confined to the HC? An AVX mount without a HC is a large piece of expensive metal. Thank you.

Could be the cable or it's connections.

Also brightness setting ?

You might get to that menu item by blindly pressing the relevant buttons according to the menu tree in the user guide.

If you have HC v4.12:
After you enter LIGHTS CONTROL in the menu:
Use UP/DOWN buttons to select either KEYPAD LEVEL or DISPLAY LEVEL (They are individually set) Press ENTER.
Select one of the number buttons to select brightness. 0 is OFF, 8 is full. Then press ENTER to store your setting.

Michael

Archived