Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Setting up eq5 pro

Just pointing the RA axis north and setting the alt axis to your latitude will be fibe for visual use. An object at high magnification should stay in the FoV for a few minutes that way. 

If you plan on doing any imaging you may need to look at drift alignment techniques. 

Thanks for your reply. 

Obviously I don't know anything about these mounts. But I'm keen to learn.  IV got my eye on a eq5 pro with goto and a 127mak .  I'm just checking before I jump in ha 

How long does it take to set this mount up?

I'm actually leaning more towards a grab and go scope for learning as I feel I could set up in minute's and grab that valuable 30 mins use. 

I think it's mainly due to our amazing UK weather that the grab and go might suit better???

Cheers for ya help

16 minutes ago, Mr trick said:

Probably a silly question? 

Can you set up an eq mount if you can't see the North Star from your garden due to buildings and tree's? 

Ta

Yes you can. Set the mount up , roughly pointing towards NCP, 2 or 3 star alignment, then use the  Display Polar Alignment Error utility to determine the error. v3 and v4 handsets.

https://storage.googleapis.com/skywatcher-canada/upfiles/en_download_caty01415653149.pdf

Once you know what you are doing you can set up in 5 minutes. If you need a very tight polar alignment it might take longer, if it needs to be less accurate you can literally plonk it down, attach your scope and go.

James

Archived