Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

4x powermate

jamie56

I have an ED80 DS Pro with which I use a 2.5x Powermate for lunar and planetary work. Works very well when the seeing is good for high magnification work, so as long as your EP and scope doesn't push the magnification well past what the your scopes can handle it should work well, but rember that there are not many times when we can push our scopes to their limit really. At best on a normal night we can hope for 200x to possibly 220x max. 

9 minutes ago, Knighty2112 said:

I have an ED80 DS Pro with which I use a 2.5x Powermate for lunar and planetary work. Works very well when the seeing is good for high magnification work, so as long as your EP and scope doesn't push the magnification well past what the your scopes can handle it should work well, but rember that there are not many times when we can push our scopes to their limit really. At best on a normal night we can hope for 200x to possibly 220x max. 

I'm assuming this is for imaging Knighty?

4 minutes ago, Knighty2112 said:

No, don't do imaging (apart from the occasional afocal shot with an IPhone). Just for the old visual use so far. :) 

Sorry, I meant that the OP is talking about imaging use, not visual.

Archived