Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Solar 08-01-17

Pig

The clouds have cleared here, despite the several forecast that predict cloud and rain, so I thought I would have a quick look.

There are some nice proms today the best of which is a lovely star ship enterprise fly through type arc (10 O'clock position for me, eastern side) and another hedge type around the 8 O'clock position. Both have other proms directly opposite them on the western side of the disc, so quite a few on display. The surface detail is also very nice with lots of granulation and swirly patterns to be seen. However, I cannot see any spots or areas of bright orange Plage. Not bad considering how low the sun is.

Its well worth a look Mark. I have found the further clockwise I adjust the Quarks setting the better the surface detail becomes, this is most unusual as was the opposite direction in the summer time. I guess many factors are at play.

Ah well I guess the forecast was correct after all.... some lovely black rain clouds have hijacked the sun and put an end to my session :happy7: mind you at least I got some viewing in.

Archived