Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Transporting my scope

Hi all

Does anyone know of any storage or safety box/bag to carry my Dob 200p in When I fancy a drive out somewhere with it, or a simple suggestion maybe??  I could always Seat belt the tube down I guess but I don't know if all the vibration from driving will affect it somehow?? 

Gaz

I use two old cot mattresses and a duvet to protect the scope, the base sits on the front seat. 

Halfords are doing some interlocking foam mats at present for a tenner! these and a duvet should suffice.

I quickly check collimation with a Barlowed laser at the site, not needed to adjust the scope on arrival, yet!

I wrap the OTA in an old king size memory foam mattress topper secured with a pair of bungies- fold one one side of back seat, lie base down, then slide the wrapped tube into it with the bearings offset 90deg to normal. Rest of my kit goes alongside in boot which is enough to stop things sliding around. Collimate on-site after it's cooled.

Archived