NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

iPhone Moon, 2nd January 2017

Stu

Best of a few quick iPhone shots this evening. Using a Nikon 16mm Microscope eyepiece converted to 1.25" which gave x46 and enough fov to fit the whole disk into.

Captured using ProCam 4, cropped and processed a little in PS Express.

IMG_8531.JPG

Thanks Fozzie. These iPhones are impressive, but there is still plenty more fine detail in your image if you zoom so not a waste of effort at all.

I'm just waiting for someone to write a stacking app......

Can't believe there isn't one... I'd use one for sure as I'm positive my phone is a lot better, quicker and smarter than the 3 year old computer in the corner of the room... poor thing doesn't half work when I give it frames to do..

Was this taken with the tak?.. 

I've said before in a previous thread, I can totally see the point in afocal shots like this, especially with a quality outcome like your getting here!

6 hours ago, Fozzie said:

Can't believe there isn't one... I'd use one for sure as I'm positive my phone is a lot better, quicker and smarter than the 3 year old computer in the corner of the room... poor thing doesn't half work when I give it frames to do..

Was this taken with the tak?.. 

I've said before in a previous thread, I can totally see the point in afocal shots like this, especially with a quality outcome like your getting here!

Yes, taken with the Tak. Seems pretty good in terms of lack of CA and the level of sharpness for a single shot. This is still full colour.

I keep looking but have yet to find a suitable stacking app....

3 hours ago, Stu said:

No I haven't Jules, do you think it would help?

I would give it a try, I find smart phones tend to over expose the Luna surface, though your IPhone is doing a pretty good show on Luna, if you had an 06 or 09 in the eyepiece you might have less processing to do

12 hours ago, Stu said:

No I haven't Jules, do you think it would help?

Here is another possible tip for you, some of the later Iphones camera can be controled by plugging the Apple headphones into the phone and a switch on the headphone will operate the shutter, saving mucking about with timer

Archived