Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Jupiter, the milkyway and a metor for good measure...oh and some clouds aswell..

Jup_pers_mway.jpg

I decided to risk the weather and head for the furthest end of the Gower Peninsula and try and image the milkway usign the Nikon D200 and the 10-20mm lens at 10mm. Got loads of data to play with but got this early on before it got properly dark...

Only a single frame and the Jpeg at that as I'm still sorting out the raws...30 secs ISO800 at 18mm

Jupiter the Milkyway and a meteor all in the frame...

And some clouds for good measure the sky glow and lights onthe horizon are from the English side of the Bristol channel nearly 40 miles away....

Billy...

Got a load of raw data to process as well...

A couple more jpegs...raws will wait till later this morning ...looks like the few bits of thin high cloud are going to ruin the stacking but hey at least I got to see stars ... so many in fact I got lost!!! Oh and take the Clio V6 for a spin round the Gower :hello2:

mw2.jpg

mw3.jpg

mw4.jpg

Got darks and bias to go with the raws...just easier and quicker to put up soem jpegs till later today...

Morning peeps...

Billy...

WOW!

That top pic of the second series is going to be awesome if you have more like it, even if you just have RAW files to play with. I'd love to have a play with the raw files if you feel generous :hello2:

Cheers

TJ

WOW!

That top pic of the second series is going to be awesome if you have more like it, even if you just have RAW files to play with. I'd love to have a play with the raw files if you feel generous :hello2:

Cheers

TJ

The clouds made it difficult to get enough subs to stack... so its going to have to be playing with the raw data...

I haven't got anywhere to host it well not for any lenght of time anyway ... any suggestions where i can dump it for you?

Billy...

I'm using another thread to show/discuss the processed raws as I get round to them...

http://stargazerslounge.com/index.php/topic,29726.0.html

Still neesds another trip back to the location at the next opportunity as there as are a few things I will do differently next time... im waiting for longer dark nights and the milkway to align with the "worm" - theheadland at the end of Gower - as I have an idea... will need a sherpa though... and not the van... well possibly :hello2:

Billy...

is the lightening of the images in the corners amp glow from the Nikon sensor ?.

Brendan

Unfortunately yes :hello2:

I have an investment in Nikon eqiupment form pre-astro days so im sticking with it...reports suggest the D300 or even better the D3 can kick A&*E when it coems to noise performance. I did have a D3 in my hands the other day but i wouldnt fancy hanging that off the back of a scope the D700 is a nice tool as well but again a bit bulky... A lot of peopel who bought the D3's are miffed at teh arrival of the D700 so quickly.

I will prob get a D300 next so will have the D200 for the backup instead of the D50...

Billy...

Archived