Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

EQDIR for NEQ6 Pro

Neither really - they’re both just USB  to TTL adapters. No problems here with the Lynx. Technically any brand of USB to TTL Serial converter will do the job - s’not something specific to astro. See...

...for instance.

Well funny enough i have a Hitecastro version but i stood on it and fixed it but yesterday it played up so today i have ordered the lynx one from FLO ,purely as it seems a lot better made than my current one ,cable looks better being round the usb end looks moulded  unlike my current and the D-sub is metal and long thumb screws unlike my Hicastro one though i did fit thumbs screws to it .

9 minutes ago, Marci said:

Neither really - they’re both just USB  to TTL adapters. No problems here with the Lynx. Technically any brand of USB to TTL Serial converter will do the job - s’not something specific to astro. See...

...for instance.

Cheers mate, i agree but i would ideally want something that will work for long rather than having to fix it every other week sort of a thing ... it's a nice little project to do and quite a simple one too ... maybe one day ... i am all in favours of DIY but do no possess necessary skills. I guess i will have to start reading up on how to make all these circuits works with each other and make it as a side hobby to then integrate it with astro ... just like yourself :)

8 minutes ago, bottletopburly said:

Well funny enough i have a Hitecastro version but i stood on it and fixed it but yesterday it played up so today i have ordered the lynx one from FLO ,purely as it seems a lot better made than my current one ,cable looks better being round the usb end looks moulded  unlike my current and the D-sub is metal and long thumb screws unlike my Hicastro one though i did fit thumbs screws to it .

So going by what you're saying, the hitechastro isn't good enough? :D i know it's only a few more pounds extra but is it worth that for sturdiness? 

54 minutes ago, souls33k3r said:

Cheers mate, i agree but i would ideally want something that will work for long rather than having to fix it every other week sort of a thing ... it's a nice little project to do and quite a simple one too ... maybe one day ... i am all in favours of DIY but do no possess necessary skills. I guess i will have to start reading up on how to make all these circuits works with each other and make it as a side hobby to then integrate it with astro ... just like yourself :)

So going by what you're saying, the hitechastro isn't good enough? :D i know it's only a few more pounds extra but is it worth that for sturdiness? 

I just think the lynx looks better than the one i have , i will have a look at the one i have and use as back up if i get it working 

Wasn’t suggesting you made one really - my point was more that an EQDIR cable for an NEQ6 Pro is nothing more than a plain old FTDI Chipset USB to Serial adapter. Nothing special about any of them - don’t read too much into them. You’re not restricted to just ones sold by astro resellers. You can get one from any reputable PC Cable / Component supplier, in varying lengths etc.

The lynx one is fine. It’s a cable, with a USB plug at one end and a 9-pin D-sub at the other, same as any other cable. The HitechAstro was by far the more oddball of the bunch by putting the electronics in a box mid way down the cable that was prone to breakage.

Archived