SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Synscan memory problems.

18 minutes ago, wayland said:

Hi. I have a go-to 200p Dob which is working ok mostly. The problem I have is that once parked and power turned off it needs to be realigned at the start of the next session. Any ideas?

That is how they work. The only information retained in the handset when powered down is the long. and lat. coordinates.

Thanks for the replys. I was under the impression that provided the scope is not moved it should remember the alignment from the last session. Mine does not at the moment. I did tell the mount to start from the home position. I may need to do a three star alignment to reset the system so old wrong alignments are not taken into account. This I believe is the case when doing a two star alignment. I just need a clear night.

Cheers.

I sometimes park my 300p Dob  in vertical position and, as long as absolutely no movement of the scope has taken place, alignmeant is not lost. But of course the correct time must be entered when Syncscan is switched on again after being asked 'start from parked position'.

• 5 weeks later...

So I cant do a three star alignment with a goto dob. Possibly it does not remember the last sessions alignment and needs to be set afresh each session. I am spending too much time with this problem and resetting each time is good for the soul:headbang:. Now I will work on my other problem. My CCD camera.  Cheers lads.

Archived