Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Yep...It's another Jupiter!

blinky

First time imaging this planet. Turned out OK for it being so low down. This is a composite of 2 images. One for the planet and the other for the moons. Taken with the ToUCam through the 8" Newt.

Not exactly prize winning but for a first attempt I am reasonably happy. I must say hats off to those who manage to capture the moon transits and GRS etc I just cannot see how to get that much detail :D

7524_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

:shock: :D :D , what a cracker that is Craig, oh I wis I could see it from home, to low down behind the houses. How did you get the planet and moons so sharp, did you make the image up in layers? :salute:

Gary

I did the planet first, created a new layer then pasted the overexposed planet and moons on top. I then 'smart selected' the overexposed planet and cut it away to leave the correctly exposed planet and the moons.

Archived