Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Az-eq6-gt camera port?

Starlight 1

Looking in the manual don't fully understand can you use the camera port other then timelapse photography, try and explain more I was going to take some pictures of the moon so I put some setting in the hand controller you take a series of exposures which means the mount was not tracking any more.  So can you set the mount to track and take  exposures at the same time within the hand controller.

I agree the manual isn't very clear, and I've never tried this as I use a guider, but the method I'd use (for Lunar)

1: perform full setup

2: set Lunar tracking in utility menu

3: from object menu, select moon & slew to it & adjust as needed. The mount will now carry on pointing\tracking the moon...

4: from the utility menu\camera control you can now set-up your picture sequence & shoot away to your hearts content :icon_biggrin:

and so starts the slippery slope to better images\guiding\ etc..... :evil4:

yes, using ESC to go back up through the menu selections, does not 'stop' what you've just set, whether that is tracking mode or selected target.

And you have a SUN to look at ???? just remember DON'T LOOK AT IT DIRECTLY...

My understanding is the same as Dr Ju Ju's. Once you select your tracking speed press escape to go elsewhere in the menu tree, this won't stop the mount tracking. The only way to stop the mount tracking with the handset is to go to the tracking option and turn tracking off. If youwant to see ifthe mount is tracking, just use the setting circle on the RA axis. If you don't have them set up for some specific purpose, then rotate the RA circle so it is at 0, then just leave it tracking and go back in 5-10 minutes and see if the arrow has moved.

The other way is to put your ear to the mount both with tracking turned off and tracking turned on, there is a slightly different sound. You can hear an electrical hum with tracking off, but you get the impression something is turning when tracking is turned on.

Make sure the clutches are locked else the RA might not move even if tracking is turned on. And as always, make sure things are roughly balanced.

James

Archived