Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Qhy5l ii connected to main scope

Craig123

Hi all

I have a qhy5l ii  on order and have been reading the thread about using the camera on a finder scope so I also went for the adaptor available at modern astronomy but I was wondering if I would need anything other adaptor to attach it to my main scope,skywatcher ed80 if I was to try imaging the moon with it..

Thanks

Craig

Do you mean to attach your Finder scope to the main ED80...? If so then there should be a mounting on the focuser for a standard Finder, but if your focuser has been upgrades, then you may not, and will have to find another way to attach, I know @xtreemchaos had this issue recently and he drilled the OTA.... ? To fit with bolts.....

3 hours ago, Craig123 said:

Hi all

I have a qhy5l ii  on order and have been reading the thread about using the camera on a finder scope so I also went for the adaptor available at modern astronomy but I was wondering if I would need anything other adaptor to attach it to my main scope,skywatcher ed80 if I was to try imaging the moon with it..

Thanks

Craig

The camera has a standard 1-1/4" diameter body so it will easily fit into the focuser in place of an eyepiece, focus it the same way and you can take your images.

ChrisH

Thanks fellas,I have been using a sony A7 attatched with adaptor and then a 2x barlow  which gives enough back focus,finally in to a diagonal on in to scope thus far.So I was thinking I should be able to image with the Qhy5l ii and Barlow,by the sounds of it Chris it will attach on to this instead of the sony adaptor.

Archived