Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A different kind of star party?

I have been to a party where they did that.

The idea was that you Moon was little past 1st quarter so it could be observed in the earlier part of the evening and then the planets and the faint fuzzies could be looked at later.

It worked quite well as the less astro-minded people there enjoyed the Moon & planets whilst the astronuts enjoyed looking at the faint stuff.

It was pointless having the party on the new Moon as you can guarantee cloud :lol:

It's a great idea!

I had a mini star party sort of forced onto me once(Not complaining) after i setup a projector to a camera that was placed into the focus tube of an 8" NEWT. The projected image was projected onto my local shops the size of the image was really big and amusing hehe, well people started to gather round my front house and ask all manner of things about astronomy and such. Everyone enjoyed them selves as i pointed out the name's of features on the MOON using a stick to shadow on the image hehe. I have a few people that come round and ask to observe with me just from that event :lol:

James :(

Archived