NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Taurus and other objects.

wookie1965

As I was getting up early this morning I could not stay out to late came in at 2.30 bit disappointed really although caught a couple of objects not seen before.

First up three clusters NGC 1746, NGC 1750, NGC 1758 Very nice clusters !746 sparse but nice all together.

NGC 1647 this is a lovely cluster two bright yellow yellow/orange stars in this.

NGC 1817 with NGC 1807 near by lots of orange red stars here.

NGC 1807 nice rich cluster of big and small stars.

NGC 2026 not much to see here very loose cluster not many stars.

M1 yes finally saw it saying that just looked like a cloud but I was jumping for joy.

Moved to Monocerus  for a couple of objects been wanting to see.

NGC 2264 lovely Christmas tree shape with bright white star at bottom even though I used UHC still could not see any nebulosity.

NGC 2301 Hagrids dragon superb string of different coloured stars

Next just looking at things saw before M31 looked a lot better as seeing was very good could not tease out accompanying galaxies though.

NGC 1502 Kembles cascade beautiful but looks better in binoculars.

NGC 7662 blue snowball used 125x here but still could only see a snowball no definition still a nice sight though.

When I had my Tal out Wednesday night everything was near enough central last night I had to use PAE with every single object either to high in eyepiece of right down to left hand side cannot figure out what was wrong. Not a bad night but if I did not have to keep centring    everything could of got through a few more objects.

Nice list there Wookie, I have to say I had no idea there were so many smaller clusters. I will have to have a look for some of them. I think the main things people think of in this area are M 1 and M 45, the former is one of the most disappointing objects I have ever seen.

Alan

Archived