Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Cygnus Loop in OIII

Gina

Here is the OIII image of the Cygnus Loop to go with the Ha I posted a little while back.  251 OIII subs of 60s, with gain of 440 and -30°C processed with BPP in PixInsight then rotated and cropped plus histogram stretched in Photoshop.  135mm f2.5 Super Takumar lens with ASI1600MM-Cool camera and ZWO EFW on EQ8 mount unguided.

light-FILTER_OIII-BINNING_1_251.png

Did you calibrate the subs?  I notice a fairly strong what I think is amp glow? in bottom left.  Could be Moon gradient.  It is actually interfering with a portion of the nebula.  Will calibration remove this with this camera (still looking at the 1600MMcool)

Yes, I did calibrate the subs but I'm not sure I'm getting it right - I'm still very much at the start of the steep learning curve of PixInsight and this is with the Batch Pre-Processing script that is only an approximation anyway.  I agree that it looks like amp glow.  I have succeeded in calibrating out the amp glow previously.

Archived