Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

RUN W7 & W10 ON DESK TOP

spaceboy

Is there any way I can partition or virtually run windows 10 along side window 7 home premium as I don't like windows 10 but don't want to end up left in the dark ages. I don't have a W10 OS disc so it would be the free update one that keeps lingering in my toolbar?? The idea being to remain with the reliable W7 and get used to W10 with the intent to move over completely at a later date.

That is unless anyone has any thoughts on me sticking with W7 ? My concern is there will come a time just as it did with XP that Microsoft will simply stop updates.

Just a heads up, windows 10 is not free anymore the free option ceased in July..... :(

its around £100 to purchase a license now, and windows 10 is very difficult to get a virtual machine on so running the two would have to be a partition and a dual boot system, which means having legal copies of both operating systems.

It's possible to have a dual boot system on a desktop. One of mine had a boot menu with a choice of Win 7 64 booting from one hard disk else Win7 32 booting from another. When I installed Win 10 I only put it on the Win7 64 drive and the dual boot option remained after the upgrade. Mind you, I hardly ever boot up the Win7 nowadays but the option is still there - just in case! :p

Louise

Archived