NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Imaging in Shropshire UK

Anaida

Hi

I am interested in doing some imaging in Shropshire as some of the skies there can be quite dark, well especially compared to Birmingham.

I have been to a few dark sites in Shropshire but was wondering if there was anyone who goes regularly as I dont really like going on my own :-) and is happy for me to go along with them

Thanks

Dee

26 minutes ago, ronin said:

Not sure of anyone here specifically, I half guess that owing to the set up time and procedure a lot will do it from home.

One option is to look for a club: http://www.astronomyclubs.co.uk/

If there is one sufficently close there is likely someone in the club who may go out.

ok thanks yes i have also sent some emails to people at Shropshire Astronomy Club, yes the set up time is an issue but too much clouds. Its just my skies in West Bromwich will probably never be suitable for imaging something like the pinwheel galaxy. Maybe I should rent somewhere for a while in a dark area

14 hours ago, Anaida said:

ok thanks yes i have also sent some emails to people at Shropshire Astronomy Club, yes the set up time is an issue but too much clouds. Its just my skies in West Bromwich will probably never be suitable for imaging something like the pinwheel galaxy. Maybe I should rent somewhere for a while in a dark area

If you are morning person (I'm not) then The Pinwheel Galaxy is quite high from about 03:00am so even with some light pollution you should be able to get some shots.

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/11/2016 at 17:37, Anaida said:

Hi

I am interested in doing some imaging in Shropshire as some of the skies there can be quite dark, well especially compared to Birmingham.

I have been to a few dark sites in Shropshire but was wondering if there was anyone who goes regularly as I dont really like going on my own :-) and is happy for me to go along with them

Thanks

Dee

Hey Dee,

I've been heading over to Church Stretton fairly regularly these past few months, im only in Cannock. 

I've manged to get pretty decent images considering its only 45 minutes down the road ... 

Archived