Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC 1514 The Crystal ball

orionoffelt

I am posting this as an on going project and hope to get more data next year as it needs more imaged over two nights 02/09/-10-16 Luminance of 8 x 10 minutes un binned and R 4x5 minutes G 4x5 minutes and B 5x5 minutes binned 2x2 scope Celestron 280 mm at F10 and QHY9m camera.

Bob

CV_NGC 1514 LRGB+1.JPG

1 hour ago, wimvb said:

That's a very nice image of a less common target.

Indeed, it's not very famous but worth a look, and not difficult to see when you know it surrounds a star in a little asterism shaped like a miniature Pleiades, that's how I find it visually. It's rather large for a planetary nebula, and the usual methods of boosting magnification, or filtering make it more interesting; visually it suffers a bit from having a overbright central star.

Thanks for comments it is an interesting target I didn't get much data on it so it was a bit noisy and I had to apply more noise reduction on the background than I would have liked if I get some more data hopefully it will not be required. There is more wispy stuff around the planetary I would like to be able to pull it out.

Bob  

Archived