Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Partial Eclipse

Hi,

Weather permitting (SE Conrwall so not holding my breath :D ), I am planning to try and take a photo of the partial eclipse on Friday. My plan is to use Baader AstroSolar Saftey Film on my 6" Celestron Newtonian and attach my 350d DSLR using a T ring.

In my little head that should work but I am open to suggestions :D

Neil :D

I'm hopefully going to get the chance to image the eclipse, I did a "dry run" last week with the gear just to try and avoid any last minute problems. I got several pictures of a featureless round object..... :D

On Friday it will be a featureless object with a bit missing.

For the newbies - be very careful when viewing the eclipse even with a full aperture filter and don't forget to keep the finder covered or remove it completely.

Mike

I'd imagine there will be some very aesthetic photographs coming from Bejing. Probably be able to take unfiltered shots of the partial phase what with all that smog! :D

How cool would it have been if the eclipse was on the 8th for the 08-08-08 Olympic opening ceremony

Matt

Well, weather was pretty much as expected on Dartmoor, rain with occasional dry patches, a much more expereinced and better equipped member of the club got some really good shots. I got wet, but was worth the trip, viewed the sun and the eclipse via their dedicated solar binos!

Neil

Archived