Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

takumar disappointment

alacant

Hi everyone. After good experiences with my 135 and 200 takumars I was let down by this 28mm. This is a corner enlargement from at f5.6. Maybe I just got a bad one? Any ideas? Must I close the aperture more I wonder? TIA and clear skies.

corner.JPG

I don't think it's focus as the stars toward the centre of the field are circular. But yes, I had the moon and later vega half way to the edge on a diagonal sort of thing in APT zoom before I recomposed. Not easy to focus a 28mm I'm finding. Infinity is just before I hit the hard stop, with a tiny turn back out again [1]. I'll try again whilst I still have the moon as a bahtinov doesn't work. Thanks for the heads up.

[1] Better this than my 135 which was the other side. I had to dismantle and turn the focus ring to get beyond the stop.

Hi everyone. It seems that the canon to takumar lenses should have the adaptor without the flange which compresses the auto-pin. The confirmation came in this article. You can see light between the adaptor and the  [**edit] camera lens body on the diameter where the pin is located  -lucky I didn't over-tighten I suppose. So, either I file a mm or so off the pin, a notch in the adaptor or wait for the flange-less version to arrive. HTH.

Archived