Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Cave Nebula Kelling 2016

Velvet

Nice Cave, I see you used the GM1000, how do you find it for portable use ?

Purchased one recently and plan to take it for its first outing to SGLX11 despite some reservations from IKI on using it as temporary set up.

Dave

• 3 months later...
On 10/6/2016 at 23:03, Davey-T said:

Nice Cave, I see you used the GM1000, how do you find it for portable use ?

Purchased one recently and plan to take it for its first outing to SGLX11 despite some reservations from IKI on using it as temporary set up.

Dave

sorry i missed this question :(  I find the GM great for portable use if you can manage the weight.  Set up is a little longer than others kit but then

its off and running and no annoying bings that a guide star has been lost :)  Unguided means you can leave it running even in cloud and get all

possible data.  Just drop the bad images.  Also you get all the images between clouds too.  Once you are used to setting it up the set up time

gets quicker.  Would recommend this mount for portable, it suits me :)

Velvet

39 minutes ago, Velvet said:

sorry i missed this question :(  I find the GM great for portable use if you can manage the weight.  Set up is a little longer than others kit but then

its off and running and no annoying bings that a guide star has been lost :)  Unguided means you can leave it running even in cloud and get all

possible data.  Just drop the bad images.  Also you get all the images between clouds too.  Once you are used to setting it up the set up time

gets quicker.  Would recommend this mount for portable, it suits me :)

Velvet

Hi, thanks for reply, I did drop by for a look at yours and a chat at SGL SP, bought mine along but weather defeated any imaging.

Dave

Archived