Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Gamma Cass and Breaking Wave 'Crest'

JohnC64

Well after looking at Olly and Tom's massive 'Gamma Case with Breaking wave and added Pacman'  it seemed too good an opportunity to miss when I had another clear night last night to take a peek at that area.  I knew that i would struggle with the long 30 min subs that Only and Tom went for -  so compromised on 10 min subs in Ha in the brightest area of the wave and Gamma Case.  With Tom and Olly's permission I would like to name this part of the  'Breaking wave' as the 'Breaking Wave Crest'.  (Although my wife thinks it looks like a ghost)

So Just 6 x 10 min subs in 3nm Ha - processed in PI - Histogram stretched and a smattering of noise reduction to clean things up.  Probably stretched too far and showing up some dust bunnies.  Always room for improvement :-)

I hope you enjoy
Cheers John

processed.png

Hmmm, that gas cloud rising and pointing straight towards Gamma Cass, looks distinctly like something else to me, a certain hand gesture from acient Greece / Rome that is still popular today. Perhaps this part of the nebula should be called the "digitus impudicus" nebula.

Archived