Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Lunar prediction software

spaceboy

Does anyone know if there a dedicated Lunar prediction software or app available that will tell you what days the moon will be up in the sky at a certain time and altitude ? So for example say I have a window of free time between 17:00 and 18:00 each day and I want to know what days the moon with be high enough above the roof tops to observe. I'm looking for something that I can just drop a time and altitude in and get a list of dates to print out that the moon visible on at my location and preferably also gives an indication to what phase the moon is.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎29‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 20:51, Cornelius Varley said:

The Nightcal link works for me.

I think the site may have been temporarily down as it now works for me also.

I have found Mak the nights lunar app to be perfect and I can access it on the move.

Thanks for the help guys.

On 29/09/2016 at 20:04, spaceboy said:

Thanks guys.

I tried lunar phase app a while ago and it kept crashing but I think that may have been on my old phone so might be worth trying again now I have a later android phone. As for the Nightcal freeware the link is now dead http://www.nightcal.co.uk/:(

The website is working fine now.  If you are having problems  I can send you a copy.

I'm afraid NightCal is getting a little long in the tooth now and there are no plans to update it.  However, it should still work okay.

Archived