Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

PixInsight and Mac OSX Sierra - not currently compatible -

Oddsocks

For any of you eager updaters out there note that the new Mac OSX v10.12 "Sierra" began rolling out to UK Apple users yesterday via the update feature in "App Store".

Changes to core security features inside the Sierra OSX prevent PixInsight from running.

This will need a massive rewrite of the PixInsight core application and they working on it but Juan Conejero has written on the PixInsight Resources website that this will take some time and that for PixInsight users the recommendation is to stay with no later than OSX 10.11.6 "El Capitan".

William.

I've upgraded to Sierra and have PI working on my Mac. I'm on version 1.08.03.1123 Ripley x64.  I haven't updated to the last latest version 1.8.4.1195 so may be just lucky.  

Couldn't find the article that you mentioned.  Do you have a link?

Cheers John

Edit:  found it  http://pixinsight.com/forum/index.php?topic=7670.msg64759#msg64759

It looks like if you already have PI installed, it continues working after the Sierra update.  If you try to install after the upgrade, you run into issues

Archived