Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

TeleVue Genesis on ebay

scarp15

Very nice, although that is expensive for the original version I would say.

I really enjoyed mine, and would consider another in future just for the lovely flat 5 degree widefield views you get from them as they are f5/500mm focal length.

Not a planetary scope in my book, but definitely has something to offer.

They have always looked a very tempting scope to me but I'd want to be sure that the collimation is good with a used one. There was a long and rather alarming thread on collimation woes with these fast petzval refractors on the CN forum a little while back that rather put me off one that I was considering at the time :undecided:

I was a happy owner of one of these early 'Pearl River' Genesis scopes. Don't buy one for broadband imaging, the colour correction does not mesh with modern digital imaging. But, boy oh boy, you get a wide field and can push to high mag. You can also enjoy repeating Steve O'Meara's Messier objects observations because that is the scope. (Personally I need a 20 inch Dob to seewhat he sees but that's me!!)

It's a lovely scope and the first of its kind. I knew full well that I'd want it back when I sold mine and I do. Collimation is easy if only the front doublet needs a tweak.

Olly

Archived