NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Celestron AVX stripdown - help!

Thalestris24

Hi

Anyone successfully stripped down the AVX? I started this ages ago but I've got stuck! The problem is with the lower RA ringnut which I've not been able to budge. The upper one was held in by two grub screws but, as far as I can tell, the lower one isn't? 

AVX_lower ring.jpg

Am I missing something? Any ideas?

Thanks

Louise

Oh well, everything back together now :) No stiction on the RA axis - yay! DEC now seems a little noisier but doesn't appear to be sticking anywhere :) I'm never confident when it comes to adjusting worm meshes so they might need some readjustment. The avx has been unused since I started the maintenance at the end of May :shocked: Of course, the long summer days and bad weather have been in the way and I've otherwise been imaging with the apo on the heq5.

Next I might do some maintenance on the 130pds and then get that up and running again on the avx :)

Louise

I dont suppose you did a step by step for the rest of us did you?

LOL

Don't see why I should reinvent the wheel.

Last time I did there was less than the obligatory infinite number of infinitely short straight lines.

2 hours ago, iapa said:

I dont suppose you did a step by step for the rest of us did you?

LOL

Don't see why I should reinvent the wheel.

Last time I did there was less than the obligatory infinite number of infinitely short straight lines.

Hi

I went by this post on Yahoo (csory1968) together with these annotated photos on Flickr.

Hth

Louise

Archived