NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Jupiter Watching .....

John

For the 1st time I managed to get the 8 inch dobsonian onto Jupiter for a few minutes ..... and then the cloud rolled in :shocked:

But hey, ho, that's the name of the game - at least I got some very nice views while it lasted :lol:

7149_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

John

I too saw Jupiter, briefly, during breaks in the clouds. They were thin wispy clouds; I think the result of the many aircraft that fly (high) overhead.

But Jupiter, wow, my first sighting and four moons as a bonus. The rub was, I packed all my 'stuff' away into the garage. Then when I was putting my car back in - much clearer skies. It was as if Jupiter was laughing at me.

John

Yup you gotta grab it when you can.

This morning I had to resort to setting up in the bedroom and looking through double glazing as I couldn't open the window as its hinged at the top :x . Not ideal by a long chalk but Jupiter is just too low for ground observing for me at the mo.

Paul

For the 1st time I managed to get the 8 inch dobsonian onto Jupiter for a few minutes ..... and then the cloud rolled in :shocked:

But hey, ho, that's the name of the game - at least I got some very nice views while it lasted :lol:

7149_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

John

That's a helluva finderscope you've got there. :)

Archived